Monday, June 4, 2007

We're Off to Baker for the big surprise!

"So just who picked the date for the 70th Surprise Party?" asks my youngest son Aaron. Just one more week and school would be out, no finals to worry about and NO 10,000 MOTORCYCLE! What the "Hells' Canyon Motorcycle Rally" is this anyway? Surely someone who lives in Baker knew about this event before the date was decided on, surely! (I've discovered via the web that this event has been going on for 8 years.)Maybe Grandma Mae will believe that they were hired to serenade her on this big day? This event rivals the "Paint Your Wagon" invasion. At least tell me that John (as in Travolta, not brother John. Although it paints quite a picture.) from the movie "Wild Hogs" will be there. Aw I digress. Anyway we wil be there but it was quite an adventure trying to find hotels, everything is sold out until you go to Ontairo or Pendleton! So, I'm assuming all of at least the siblings will be there. (Oh trust me you WILL be there.) Should be fun to see everyone on a festive event. I just can't imagine the population in Baker doubling for a weekend. It should be quite interesting. So strap on your leathers and grab your 'Hog' and we'll see you all on Saturday!

2 comments:

Vonda said...

"What the hells canyon motorcycle rally" Hah Hah!!!! Very funny pun on words. I think John (as in brother) would make a fine dancin fool. Maybe Jay and David could join in and of course all four of us can show em our dance skills. I bet the town of Baker City would come in droves......

Loretta said...

I think you mean they would leave in droves or is it droving their hells canyon cycles as fast as their little wheels would take them out of Baker. Anyway, we know our skills are awesome!