Friday, October 26, 2007

A Little Rhyme

Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet,
Eating her turds away.
There came a big spider,
He sat down beside her.
And frightened Miss Muffet away!

Now isn't this horrible? Our dad taught me this when I was a preschooler. Of course I had no idea what it meant or that it was not correct. My first grade teacher, who later became my great aunt (thank goodness) asked each of us to recite a nursery rhyme for her. Of course I was so very proud that I knew one, especially one that made my daddy laugh. Up I hopped and recited Little Miss Muffet. Now picture this.....I was in a two room small school and in my classroom were the grades 1-6. So of course all of the kids snickered and laughed and I was mortified. Not because I knew what it meant but because my teacher with a smile on her face and a little bit of a shocked look told me that was not exactly the way it went. I then knew that I was a wee little Fuzi troll.



6 comments:

Kristi said...

Yes, Vonda I was taught this one too. Did dad teach you this one:

The Fuzi Version of the Three Little Pigs:

... and then the big, bad wolf said:

I'LL HUFF, AND I'LL PUFF, AND I'LL..... PPPPBBBBBFFFF (FARTING NOISE) YOUR HOUSE DOWN!

AWE MEMORORY LANE OF HUGARIAN REDNECKS!

Vonda said...

Oh yes! But as naive as I was THAT part I understood and of course thought was funny too. Probably why I am teaching my grandchildren the same rhymes. Guess it is in the blood.

Jill said...

Mom, that picture completely fits the image of the Fuzi trolls in my mind...I'm still grinning as I type this!

carrie & troy keiser said...

Thanks once again to you sisters for the smile and laugh!

Kelli said...

Ha ha that troll picture definitely fits the Fuzi troll image. I'm wondering which of the lovely fuzi kids the baby troll is though? Shouldn't there be about 6 more piled around and maybe a few hundred dogs also? Maybe all the rest are out in the woods getting lost and tormenting boy scout groups... Or possibly throwing rocks through a car used for picnics.

The Dairy Wife said...

That is so funny! Sounds just like my Dad ... because he taught me the same poem! lol.

Tanya