Friday, November 9, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday

This is a recipe that I have used for years for a quick fix meal that everyone loves. I just add rolls, a green salad and even the littlest people are happy. Go visit Overwhelmed with Joy for more great recipes!

Hamburger Casserole


1 lb. ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 garlic clove minced or chopped finely (or 2 tsp. minced in a jar)
1 lg. can plus 1 small can tomato soup
2 small cans mushrooms, drained
2 cans french cut green beans, drained
grated cheese
5 to 6 medium size potatoes

Peel and quarter potatoes. Boil until tender but not overcooked. Mash with a about a half of cup of sour cream and 2 tablespoons of butter. If not soft enough add a little bit of milk or sour cream. Basically just mashed potatoes.

Brown hamburger, onion and garlic until no pink shows in meat. I add salt, pepper and season salt to taste to this mixture as it browns. Add mushrooms, green beans and tomato soup and stir together. Pour this mixture into an ungreased baking dish and sprinkle cheese on top. Then spread the mashed potatoes over the top of this and bake until hot and bubbly (400 degrees for 10 minutes or so).

3 comments:

Overwhelmed! said...

You know, I think this dish might be something my son would like. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

Jill said...

mmm....the drool is leaking uncontrollably out the corner of my mouth...

Magi said...

This sounds like something my husband would enjoy. Sorry I'm a week late. THanks!