Friday, January 11, 2008

Favorite Ingredients Friday (Pie Edition)


Overwhelmed With Joy is hosting her Favorite Ingredients Friday- Pie edition recipe exchange!  I found this recipe on the web several years ago and have made it in the summer when the peaches are so yummy and fresh.  I often substitute huckleberries in this because we love them.

Fresh Peach and Blueberry Pie

Ingredients
4 cups sliced, peeled peaches
1 cup blueberries
3/4-1 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. quick cooking tapioca
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. margarine or butter
Pastry for Double-Crust pie
1 egg yolk
1 Tbsp. water

Directions
Combine peaches, blueberries, sugar, tapioca, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Let stand for 15-30 minutes. Transfer to a pastry-lined 9 inch pie plate. Dot with  butter. Cut slits in the top crust. Adjust top crust. Seal and flute edge. Combine egg yolk and water. Brush over top crust. Cover edge with foil. Bake, on a baking sheet, in a 375 degrees F oven for 25 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 20 or so minutes more or until the top is golden brown.

3 comments:

Kathleen Marie said...

This sounds yummy. I so love peaches in any form...pie, crisp, cobbler...
Thanks bunches, have a great day and God Bless!

Betsy said...

Sounds great!

Overwhelmed! said...

Vonda, great minds think alike! I posted a blueberry peach pie recipe. :) I'll have to try your version and see which one I like better. :)

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday Pie edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

I hope to see you again next Friday!