Monday, January 14, 2008

Revolutionary War - Part II

O.k. sisters and nieces, it is Monday morning and time for another history lesson! We are learning about the different Acts that the British imposed on the American Colonies. One of the techniques we use to help us remember the order of events, is to use props. So you can see this in action today. When you learn with more than just reading about something, it teaches to your long term memory - even a five and six year old are remembering things that I have no recollection of -how about you???
video

3 comments:

Vonda said...

That is so fun. I love seeing the kiddos in action. I agree with the girls and would have shouted....sugar, sugar for every prop...yum. Tell Jordie he is so smart and that you have all taught me a lot today. Now if my withering brain can hold all of this information.

Stars!

Kelli said...

Man I hardly remember any of these things! They're doing so great, it's a lot of fun seeing what they're learning. I think the props are a great idea also to help them remember the different Acts. Great job kids! (and Kristi too of course!) :)

Jill said...

I feel dumb. Maybe I should video tape myself reading a history book or something, because my little cousins are making me feel like a dunce! Fortunately, they're so stinkin' cute, I can forgive them being smart.