Friday, February 15, 2008

Fort Ticonderoga and the Siege of Boston

Hi Sisters and Nieces! We had a great time with this lesson - check out the cannon we made:


Here is Ethan Allen surprising a British Soldier at Fort Ticonderoga - he was so surprised he was caught with his pants down!


Here is Henry Knox, the Ox, hauling the cannons from Fort Ticonderoga to Boston for George Washington so that he can take over Boston from Dorchester Heights (check out Henry's belly, after all, he was 300 pounds):

And now for the video - you are going to learn all kinds of interesting facts - even how to load and fire a cannon. You never know when that information will come in handy!


video

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, poor henry looked like he was having problems carrying all that weight around! He had to lift his belly to walk across the room, that must have been very inconvenient! ;) I LOVE their outfits! Where do you find those? Or do you make them?

Kristi said...

Oh Kelli - you will crack up. I hate to admit it, but those outfits (the jackets) are left over from some old suits of mine from the 90's!!!! I knew there was a reason I saved them! The hats - both the 3 corner and the mop caps, we made! What did you think of the cannon?

Vonda said...

That cannon was so awesome. I especially loved how it really worked....everything came shooting out. Addie is a mean looking Ethan Allen. No wonder Lexie, er the British soldier lost her britches. Jordan needed a wheelbarrow to carry that belly around. It is a wonder that he could pull the cannon at all. It somehow looks a bit like Jill's big belly right now.

Kelli said...

I LOVED the cannon! Thats so cool that it works too! And I really think you should start wearing those fancy suits again, they're very nice! Hehe!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness, Mom took the words out of my mouth! I was seriously concerned when I saw Jord-I mean, Henry-'s big belly. At least I have an excuse, though--I have big, fat babies. What happened to that poor man's gut? And, Aunt Krissie, I have to admit that finding out those jackets were part of old suits of yours made me giggle quite a bit! Sorry! Not making fun of you, I swear! But good heavens, why are you letting them play in such finery? Those should be displayed in glass cases! :) he he he ok, I guess I am making fun a little bit...maybe they'll come back in style again?