Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh The Aching Back


Oh so many things rambling through my wee tiny brain today.  I decided I need to do my back exercises because I....well just because I am a lazy arse and have not done them in quite a long time.  If anyone does exercises to stabilize their back what that really means is abdominal exercises.  Yes, dreaded abdominals......you know the squishy, place in front where firm muscles used to be about four kids and million years ago.  My doctor gave me this sheet of exercises and I told him I was really hoping after ten years that back exercises had changed to the equivalent of sitting on the couch eating popcorn and watching a good movie.  He just stared me in the eye and said "do them".  So to avoid yet a third back surgery I am trying to do these.  So this morning I began with a fervor and got through about two minutes of the first few then decided that it would be better if I walked on the treadmill.  He said I could you know but I think he meant after all of the exercises.  


Perhaps tomorrow I will be good.  

Doubt it.

7 comments:

Jill said...

Mom, you crack me up!!! I feel your pain though, I hate stomach exercises!!!! I recall back in the day (highschool days) when I actually did them quite constantly, though I remember hating them back then too. But now I don't think I even have stomach muscles--I think they've disintegrated...

Kristi said...

Vonda - too funny! Would it help if I did some cheerleading for you? Go! Vonda! Go! Crunch! Vonda! Crunch! - No, I didn't mean "crunch" on the candy bar - back away from the pantry!

carrie & troy keiser said...

Oh that cartoon is funny! Do a few extra for my squishy placed that used to have muscles too mine could use some toning up too {like really bad but I too would rather crunch the candy bar!} You guys crack me up! :D

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

Wow....you've had TWO back surgeries! I had much back trouble when my kids were little (had to learn to not carry them on my hip), but fortunately it did not progress to needing surgery.

Junebug said...

Hi Vonda,
Shake your bootie! I need to shake mine. You know what I got today? A Wii. Yes. I am going to buy Dance, Dance, Revolution and exercise by dancing. Well, I'm going to try anyway!! Hee hee.

Country Girl said...

Oh, please, do your back exercises. Just choose 3 (for now) and do them every day.

Maybe my chiropractor can convince you . . .
http://chroniclesofacountrygirl.blogspot.com/search?q=shameless+hussy

Kelli said...

The only kind of crunch I like is a crunch candy bar.