Sunday, February 3, 2008

Snappity Snap


Dave and I were sitting in the parking lot at the grocery store. I was going to stay in the car and wait for him to go in and pick up a few items and as he opened his door we noticed the man whose truck was next to us was unlocking his door preparing to leave. So Dave waits a few seconds and then turns around and stands up. Just as he did this the man began to close his door and I hear this high pitched brrrrrrraaaahhhhht! I could not believe my ears. I said to Dave..."Did that guy just let one rip?" He acted like he didn't hear me and went into the store. This got me thinking as I watched that guy pull forward and crash into two carts someone left out. He then backed out and almost ran down another person walking behind his truck. I think it was really Dave (who hotly denies it) that let a little high pitched girly fart that scared that guy so bad he couldn't drive for a few seconds. Either that or he was trying to get away as fast as he could to avoid the smell.

So I am a people watcher. I love to just sit in the car and watch everyone walk by and wonder who they are and what their life is like as well as what they are thinking. When I was a kid Dad taught me that it is even more enjoyable if you have music on and imagine that each person is walking to the rhythm of the music. That can make me laugh every time. I have to admit that I have made judgements based on appearances like most people do. Sometimes I am right but tonight I found out how wrong I can be. After the smelly incident above a well dressed and coiffed elderly woman who appeared to be around 80 pulled up part way into the parking space beside us. She stopped her car, got out and pushed the two carts that the previous man had run into out of the parking space and behind a parked car then proceeded to get in her car and move it forward into the parking space. As I watched her she had a sour expression on her face and I thought to myself, " Self, that lady is a very old and cranky thing and how could she put those carts there for someone else to back into?" And then she stepped out and grabbed both carts and pushed them to the store to be put away.

I hung my head in shame. Bad, bad me. I should not make snap judgements. Amen.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

Poor Dave - he is the "butt-end" of this joke - har, har!

The reason the old lady had the sour look on her face was, well beyond the sour smell, she was thinking "these darn young whipper snappers - too lazy to put a cart away!"

Funny story sis. Love ya.

Kelli said...

I agree with Kris, the poor old lady had a sour look on her face from the odor! Also, poor old decrepit lady had to put away the carts when people are paid to do that job! I'd be mad too, but what a nice lady! I enjoy people watching very much as well! It is delightful!

The Dairy Wife said...

Vonda, was that sour old lady really you? lol.

Tanya