Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Revolutionary War - Battles of Kings Mountain and Cowpens

Wow, this has taken forever to figure out how to post this video - thanks to us being a bit more long winded! Thank you Vonda for your help in posting the video! Our lesson today is on some battles in the south: the Battle of Kings Mountain and the Battle at Cowpens. Believe it or not, we are actually getting close to the end of the war! We are so going to miss this part of history, it has been so fun! So without further adieu, on with the lesson.


5 comments:

Radiant_Being said...

I am simply curious as to when you do all your planning. We are also doing the Revultionary War and have yet to "act" anything out. I am impressed. We have been homeschooling since this past December and i can barely make it at times. Any advise from an expert? We love watching your videos.
Katie (minneapolis)

Vonda said...

I am sad that you are coming to an end on this war. I have so much loved seeing all the videos. You still need to keep us all up to date on the stuff they are learning and what you are doing.

Great job kiddos! I love you.

Kristi said...

Katie:

I have to give a lot of credit to the curriculum I use KONOS - I do her on-line coop where the lady that wrote the curriculum teaches us how to each - it is awesome - I have learned so much!

I want to encourage you - you will have ups and downs, but if you can get a good curriculum, it really helps. You can e-mail me at flanagan_5@msn.com if you want more details or help!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Vonda - don't worry - we'll still keep our homeschooling days coming. Stayed tuned for the constitution!!!

Radiant_Being said...

Kristi: Thanks for taking the time to write. I actually use Konos (Or I did before I got into World History). I have volume one. I did now know about konos online. We will continue checking back in to see your creativity at work.
Katie

Kelli said...

I'm so glad you're lessons have returned, I was feeling out of touch :) I can't believe the war is almost over, but I'm sure you'll have lots more to teach us! Great job kids and teacher!