Thursday, March 27, 2008

What You Don't Want To Hear Your Doctor Say

"Wow! You have strong sphincter control!" Yes sisters, it was my physical today and really, did he have to say that? Especially in such an awkward situation? He is lucky I didn't say "Yes doctor, I have been building those particular muscles for fifty years now so watch out, you may draw back a broken finger". Does this now mean I join the ranks of a body builder or wrestler? Can you see the headlines? WOMAN WINS TITLE FOR SPHINCTER MATCH!!

Don't laugh, this could be you. Now off I go to have a colonoscopy in a few weeks. Stay tuned for all the  details? Maybe I will break the  colonoscope (the little camera) with my strong sphincter. Har har!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! Oh man this was so funny, yet disturbing at the same time! What an odd thing to say... maybe he was coming on to you. "You have strong sphincter control. Can I buy you lunch?" The colonoscopy sounds like a joy! It shouldn't be too bad though, considering your strong sphincter and all.

Jill said...

You mean it isn't common to participate in sphincter strengthening exercises and the occasional hot-oil sphincter massage? I like to keep every last muscle in my body tight and rock hard, including my sphincter, but I don't recall ever having anyone else comment on it! That is so flattering! I think Kells is right--I think he was hitting on you! I hope they can afford a new colonoscope after your next appointment...keep us updated! :) Mom, you're the funniest person I know!

Kristi said...

EEEEEWWWW! That guy needs to get a life! What a crack up. Have fun with that colonoscopy. It reminds me of when Pat went in to get his first colonoscopy. We were in the pre-surgery room which was also the recovery room for people having colonoscopies. There were mostly old people all over the room cutting loose the air they put in you when they do the procedure. Pat was said "oh no, I'm going to do that". Well, when he got out of the procedure another person from across the room had "cut loose". Pat sat straight up in bed and said loudly "Did I do that?" - Steve Urcle all the way - what a crack up!

carrie & troy keiser said...

Umm no comment!

Shauna said...

This gives me a case of the giggles and snorts! I just see it becoming part of the Iron Man challenge or something, or the lumberjack competitions... I love it!!