Saturday, April 12, 2008

It's A Beautiful Day!

Well, well - I finally decided to drag my body to the internet page and begin to live again. I have been catching up on all the wonderful blogs and thought I would log on and say hi! I have to relay what happened earlier this week with my sweet little daughter. I was in the house and the Jack Russell Terrorists were barking to go outside, where Schelly was playing. So I go to the door just in time for Schelly to say "don't let them out" - unfortunately the deed was already done. Whence a wail of sobbing and flood of tears poured from Schellys face. I looked past her momentarily as a brown item in the middle of the sidewalk caught my eyes. Upon further view I recognized my kitchen salt shaker on the side walk. All the while Schelly is sobbing. I put my arms around her and said "honey, what's wrong and why is my salt shaker on the sidewalk?" She looked up at me with tear filled eyes and said "Now I'll never be able to do it, you've ruined it." I asked "ruined what?" She then said, "I've been trying to catch a bird and now the dogs have scared them off. I was trying to put salt on their tails so I could catch them. Daddy told me if I could put salt on their tails, I could catch them." Now I tell you, I don't believe I have ever had a harder time not bursting into fits of laughter than this time. I gathered my inner strength and sat her down and explained that I believed daddy was teasing her and that salt would not make it possible for her to catch the bird. She then wailed, daddy was lying to me? Suddenly her daddy drove in from work and he was bombarded with her statement "you told me I could catch a bird if I could put salt on their tails and you lied to me. He could not hide the smiles and informed both of us that if you could get close enough to put salt on a birds tail then you would be close enough to catch it. I guess he had a point. Anyway I wish I would have had a video of this event. It was just too precious to pass up. I am so glad the sun is shinning today as I really needed a good dose of sun. It is great to read about all my beloved sisters and neices adventures. I miss you all and love you all very much.

5 comments:

Jill said...

Oooohh poor little Schelly! She's so stinkin' cute!!!! And just as gullible as I was (ok, am)! I love her! There's nothing like that sweet innocent faith that everyone is telling the truth... :) Cute little bug! Give her a fat kiss from me and tell her I'd have fallen for it too, so she shouldn't feel bad! :)

Vonda said...

I am so glad you blogged, or glogged or whatever you want to call it. I was beginning to think that I really don't have a sister on the coast. Poor little Schelly....I was hoping to catch a rich husband that way years ago and it didn't work. All I got was a poor but sweet wannabe farmer. But I kind of like him.

Kristi said...

Hey Sis - you are alive!!!! Good to hear from you! Cute story about Schelly! Tell her we miss her (we miss you too of course!)

Kristi

Kelli said...

I'm so happy to hear from you Loretta! I miss you guys lots! I love that story about Schelly, at least she found out what he was talking about in the end. Love you!

Nancy said...

What a sweet story!