Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ouch!!!


I don't know if you feel it but we are beginning to big time. Feel what?



The pinch. The squeeze. The strangulation.


I mean the cost of living right now.  Everything from food, services and gas have been steadily increasing and our means are certainly not increasing at the same pace.  In fact with all the budgetary problems of government offices, of which we both work, I should be and am grateful for a job.  But that does not mean that I  am not turning a little black and blue in places from the abuse.

Today is tax day and yes we owe.  Dang that Uncle Sam.  That is all I have to say about that.

7 comments:

Kristi said...

Oh sister - we owe too - not very happy about it! Wondering how much longer I can squeeze blood out of a turnip!

Kelli said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Oh mom these pictures are wonderful! But about those taxes... that is one of the reasons I'm NOT looking forward to graduating and getting a real job, buying a house, and basically all the things you do as an adult. Yuck!

Jill said...

he he! Mom, you're such a kook! :) Byron and I had quite a giggle looking at these goofy pictures! I owe too, it's very depressing. And we didn't get near as much back this year as we did last year, so I feel like throwing a big, fat, Byron-sized tantrum about it! Ug. And we keep talking about buying a new(er) car, but that means a car payment on top of the killer gas prices and everything else!!! Hopefully the two 14 year old cars we have will hold out until we have a good sized down-payment saved up... :)

The Dairy Wife said...

We always owe ... we need more dependents! Should I have more triplets???

Loretta said...

You know when I opened this up, at first glance I thought this was my lifes story but then you put in the part about the spouse and I knew it wasnt me. Anyway, we have gotten our refund back already, just in time to see it go away quite rapidly to the bill collectors. I need to get on the stick and get back to work. I am working through just where I will light and begin my plight but I hate decisions. I would just sooner have enough money to keep the wolves at bay, sit around and eat, eat, eat. Dang those government officials anyway. I am going to see if there is hud, welfare, womens assistance, lust, love, oh me - here I go getting carried with the impossible again.
Anyway, I love you with all my heart sister.

noble pig said...

Oh Lord don't even get me started!

Nancy said...

I am SO sure that we owe I filed an extension, why pay Sammy baby any sooner than I have to?