Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oh Where, Oh Where

Oh where, oh where has our other sister gone? Oh where, oh where can she be? With her great sense of humor and her gardening abilities, Oh where, oh where can she be? Now that I've got that out of my system, I was just wondering where our other sister (you know, the one with that little blond, blue eyed grand baby) has gone. I thought I was bad about blogging but I don't even see any responses to any of our antics. She is the only one left who has not followed through with the "tag - you're it" part of our blog. Well, now I feel better. I have properly chastised our other sibling and can move on with the rest of the story. That beautiful new baby boy is spectacular! I can't wait to get my hands on him and spoil him rotten. Jilly Bean - you sure do have beautiful baby boys. But that's no surprise. I have a little something for you but have not gotten my lazy self to the post office yet. Sorry honey, hopefully it will be before he graduates high school (or with my luck, maybe even college). I am desperately trying to watch what I eat - having spoken to Vonda - I have the "get with it bug." Damn thing flew out the window a little earlier this evening though. You should have seen me out in the back yard running around trying to catch him with my imaginary net. The neighbors were peeking out from behind their curtains and I thought I heard one of them say "There she goes again, that crazy lady next door." I keep forgetting that I am no longer in eastern Oregon where all the country bumpkins act the same so no one thinks my antics are out of the ordinary. Oh well, there is always tomorrow. I did walk approximately 4 miles though (or maybe I should restate that - walked, crawled, grovelled, gnashed and gnawed) today so I hope that will help offset all else. I could definitely tell how out of shape I was because after I got home I sat in the chair looking at all the things I needed to do and that was it -- I just sat there and looked. Well anyway, someone once told me "it's the thought that counts." I think it was mom. I'll just see how much the thought weighs in the am. Well on to the next great adventure --moving from the chair to the bed--. Love to you all!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Aunt Loretta, you are way too stinkin' funny! I totally feel for you about the losing weight thing--I decided to start losing weight, therefore dieting (ugh!), so this diet started Monday. By Friday, I had to report to Kelli (who knows of all my high talk of losing this baby lard) that Thursday night, while at the movies with a friend, I succumbed to a hotdog. And a Coke. And a package of hostess cupcakes. Oh, and did I forget to mention the Whatchamacallit (candy bar)??? Yeah...so much for low carb... :) he he he he!

Vonda said...

I hear you about just sitting there looking at all I have to do. Just looking. Your bug must have joined mine. I think I've caught it again though. Just keep on keepin' on.