Sunday, June 8, 2008

What's Up With Television These Days??

So after working all morning outside I came in on Sunday to eat my lunch and was mindlessly flipping through channels. All I can say is for six channels in a row this is what popped in to my family room.


I didn't think too much of it but it was showing a woman who had to keep running to the bathroom during the most inopportune times. Why do we need to know that she has to run frequently to the bathroom or has incontinence? I bet if she were to ask her doctor that there would be an answer for her about what can be done and what drug to take.


The next channel was showing a man sitting in a meeting and all kinds of images of him passing gas kept cropping up in his imagination as he sat there squirming. People were passing out and plants dying as well as animals running the other direction. I admit, yes I do, that I laughed out loud at this one. But really....do we need to see it?



The next channel came up with the Bride of Chucky. Yikes!!! On a Sunday afternoon on cable television where I am sure kids are watching during the day. The movie still creeps me out and I have never been able to watch it at all. As soon as Chucky starts in with a knife I have to get rid of it. Why during the day?




OK on to the next channel. In fact for three channels in a row this guy, "Smilin' Bob" was on. Now I am sure you all have seen these Bob commercials and how he is the talk of the neighborhood and such for the once daily tablet for natural male ..........." (I don't feel the need to put it all out there).


Yes, "Smilin' Bob" I don't feel the need to think about you, talk about you and wonder about you. But I really don't want to have to explain to my eight year old granddaughter what Bob is "smilin' " about.

Crikey!! Get this junk off the air.

3 comments:

Jill said...

he he! Smilin' Bob looks like he's about to explode from his enhanced...happiness...

Kelli said...

I agree, I don't like the Bob commercials for several reasons. First of all, I just think it is unnecessary to even have a commercial about it. Nobody needs to see this, if someone has special needs go see a doctor!! And also, as you said, kids shouldn't be seeing it on tv either. Yuck!

carrie & troy keiser said...

I totally agree... a lot of the times it's the ads that are x-rated!