Friday, July 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Lexie Kay!!!




Our little Lexie Kay turned 6 today! I can't believe it has been six years since Lexie came into our lives. I thank God for the blessing of Lexie every day. Our little miracle girl who was not supposed to survive, much less have a "quality" life. God has truly shown us who's in charge! My spunky Lexie has definitely defied all odds and is filled with life! We love you little girl. Thank you for changing our world!


Lexie wanted to have a "bee" cake for her birthday. I tried my hand at fondant for the very first time on her cake. I've always made their cakes, its a tradition for the kids to pick a theme and then I love to run with it. I'm getting kind of sentimental. It won't be long before my little ones won't want these fancy cakes and parties - sigh - I must be getting old! So here is my first try at fondant, I'm really excited with how it turned out:

Here is the birthday girl posing with her bee cake:

I didn't think I was going to have much luck putting a theme together for her party - but it turned out to be quite fun. Here is the invitation to her birthday party - my first try at "quilling":


Here is what the table looked like before the guests arrived. There are some fun bee decorations out there. We also made cookies on a stick in the shape of bee hives and flowers:


Here are some fruit flowers I made too - the kids just love these each time I make them - they love eating flowers!


The party wouldn't "bee" complete without a pinata. Here is Lexie giving a swing at the bee hive - take a look at Pat - he is either thinking Lexie is going to mistake him for a pinata or my bee hive pinata making skills are so great he thought it was a real hive (not!):

Well we had to have a water fight too. Lexie Bee isn't all that excited about being wet but she gave use a pose in her new bee beach towel:


However, someone else in our family does enjoy water fights very much - take a look!

O.k. I'm tired now - I think I'll go take a nap!

3 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Happy birthday to your daughter!
the cake is way cute! The invitations are very col also. Looks like loads of fun!

Jill said...

Happy Birthday, Lexie Lou!!! We love you soo soooo much! Love Jill, Wade, Byron, and Ayden!

And Aunt Krissie--AMAZING CAKE!!! I love it! I'm the same way--I love making Byron's (and now Ayden's) birthday cakes and keeping a theme, and I've always wanted to try fondant!!! I'm going to have to call you and talk to you about how to use it (fondant)! You did such a great job! And I love the invitations! Love you!

Vonda said...

That is the cutest cake. It look professional. I have never even attempted fondant...I have about as much talent in as a nut. I love all the decorations......it turned out so cute.

Happy Birthday little girl Lexie. We all love you very much. You should be getting your card either today or on Monday.