Thursday, July 3, 2008

Why Me? I Must Wear Weirdo Attractant.



Ok sisters and nieces - I just have to tell you about my most recent encounter with an "odd individual". I swear, I must attract these kind of people - I better change my deodorant.


This kids and I were selling Krispy Kreme Donuts this a.m. as a fundraiser for our homeschool association. We were on a popular corner in Baker City (Campbell and Grove) which is across from the city park and on a busy street. This gentleman in his mid to late 50's walks up. He had some type of handicap - he was limping, but other than that he looked fairly normal. I asked if I could help him (buy some donuts) and he said no, he was just seeing how we were doing. Trying to be friendly, I said we were doing well. Well, then he decided to be "friendly". He was already kind of in my personal space, but he proceeded to lean over to kiss me!!!! My immediate reaction was to put my hand up to block him and he gave me a big old wet kiss on my hand!!!


Needless to say, I don't think he was all there. I think I might of hurt his feelings but I couldn't help but be a little disgusted!!!!! He just kind of said "oh" and walked off. My kids said "Do you know him mom?" Of course not! But what difference does that make for crying out loud!!!! I didn't know whether to laugh or scream madly and run away to my happy place!!!!


When I told Pat about it, he said: "You're lucky you didn't get any tongue action!" The sad thing is that I think I did - it was pretty wet! So there you have it, another typical day in my life!!!!

2 comments:

Egghead said...

Oh my I am still laughing just imagining the look on your face. Well don't feel bad at least it wasn't as bad as I once had happen. I was taking the special services children back and forth from the schools to the district office in Baker and one young man was around 16 and going through some "behaviors" with his changing body. He kept wanting to go in the girls bathrooms all the while saying "I need to get me my woman". Yikes! He also would scoot a little too close to me in the car.

Uncommon Blonde said...

That is very odd, I would have freaked out too.