Monday, September 22, 2008

The Three Layers of Skin - By The Flanagan Funny Farm Homeschool

We at the Flanagan Funny Farm Homeschool are studying cooperation and systems of the body. Our first lesson was the skin. I would like to introduce you to the 3 layers. First, the Epidermis or the "dead layer" (notice the dead skin hanging off of her - aka corn flakes):
Then we have a live layer, with muscle attached to the hair follicle in the Dermis:

Then their is the Subcutaneous layer, full of fat and sweat glands (notice the big, fat belly and arms):


And a picture of the three layers connected together:

Now, we bring to you a lesson about the skin:


video

3 comments:

Vonda said...

You guys are so funny. I swear I never knew all those things about the layers. I knew the basics but this makes it so much more fun to learn. Yes I would say little Lexie as the subcutaneous level should be the FAT one har har! I think my whole body is made up of butter. Of course nasty old dermis causing that pussy hairy pimple would be Jordan. Look at the glee on his face knowing what he can do to the poor little dead epidermis. I love the flakes. Yummo! Dead skin flakes.

You guys are silly. OK now back to slogging through the thousands of pounds of dead skin I live with. Too many people run through my household. Acckkkk!

Kelli said...

I love the visuals! It makes the topic so much more... enjoyable! It kind of grosses me out if I think about it too much though!

Jill said...

Makes me itchy. :) But if I scratch, little flakes of epidermis will float into the air and be ingested by someone else, and that's just nasty! I dig the Subcutaneous layer, very clever! I wish I had to stuff my shirt in order to look chubby... *sigh*