Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Monster Affair

Jill came to sew something for her boys for Christmas. Byron loves that movie, Monsters Inc., and Jill had ordered a couple of hand made monsters from a lady on Etsy. However, they were in pretty bad shape when she got them so she decided that she would make her own pattern and sew them herself. She did a great job. Sometimes I find it hard to believe that she has hardly any experience sewing. She just plunges in and this is what happens. Success!



Two silly monsters finished. She used a combination of rice and fiber fill. They turned out very soft yet heavy enough to sit alone.


She refused to pose with them. Told me she looked worse than those monsters. Ha! She always looks good.


Closest thing I was able to get was an eyeball. A monster eyeball. 

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I love these, they are so cute! I am also always amazed at how quickly she picks up on things like sewing or anything crafty. I feel like a dunce when I try new things! I want a monster too!

Kristi said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Jill craftiness is in your genes!!!!! Let's get together and craft girl!!!! Love and miss you!

Kristi

Putz said...

so one of the floosy sisters huh...?????...swawed you on your siter vonda egghead's blog...you look real interesting to say the least

Shauna said...

SO MUCH FUN!! And I love seeing Jill's eyeball peeking between the monsters!!