Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Santa's Workshop Is Now Closed - Here Are the Results!












The following is a Santa plate that I painted this year. I've had the privilege of being invited to join a group of older women who get together at Terri Axness' house to paint once a week. For those of you who are not familiar with Terri, she is a very accomplished artist in our area who has had her paintings made into prints and they are sold for a "pretty penny". Anyway, being the youngest at the age of almost 40 - yikes did I admit that? - is very interesting indeed. These ladies are all much older - and quite talented to boot. One lady is very into painting naked women - she is a crack up! She recently painted Christmas cards with these "ladies" on them. Of course there were Christmas lights in "all the right places". They are definitely comfortable in their own skin and have no problem expressing their opinions! I'll have to blog about some of my adventures with these "seasoned" ladies! Anyway - here is the plate:




Most of the sewing you see above (the applique) are from "Art to Heart". This company is truly my fav when it comes to these cutsie type applique and quilting projects.

Ok - your turn gals (and guys?) - share your talents!

3 comments:

Vonda said...

Oh I love that plate. You did such a great job on it. Of course I love all the rest as well. You are so talented. I am glad you are painting with that group and Terri Axness is amazing isn't she? Do you remember she is Brian and Kyla's cousin and that she taught Brian in 6th grade? Do tell us about your adventures in painting with the crones. Did I say that? I am a crone so I can say it.

Kelli said...

Wow kris, these are all amazing! You have such great talent!! I would love to hear some old lady stories!!

Jill said...

I love them all, you crafty devil! And I think I will start painting naked ladies, just for the heck of it now! :) I'm looking forward to crazy old lady painter stories now!