Saturday, September 26, 2009

FINALLY!

I have been working off and on since June to finish sewing this sling or bag for Kristi. Her birthday was in June and for some reason I just could not get this finished. It is a Heather Bailey pattern and fabric which I just adore. Because the fabric is kind of spendy I didn't want to mess it up so I really took my time and only worked on this when I was not tired. Me + tired eyes = much ripping out of seams.


But ta da! It is finally complete and ready to go. Sis, I bet your thought it was not going to happen didn't you?

So now to find a box on Monday to put this in and............

this shutter, one of four. I have several of these that were in our house and asked Kristi to paint one while we were together on our sisters vacation in August. Of course, look what she came up with for our Christmas bazaar in November.

Crafty girl she is so now off go three more. I might have to buy these all back from her at the bazaar. And Dave thought he was going to get rid of these. Ha!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I love, love, love the bag!!! I can't wait to get my package in the mail!!!!! Thank you sista!!!!

Love you!

ME

Jill said...

I want a twin of that bag! I want want want want one! I love the fabric, I love the perfect size, and I want to own one so much!!! ;o) And I love the shutter! Crazy how it doesn't even look like the same shutter! I want one of those too!